Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2013 Career Mode Starting Tyre Change

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I don't know if this is a problem, but when I go to a race in Career Mode. It doesn't allow me to change the tyres that I am planning to start, but it does allow me to change my tyres for the next pit stops... Anybody know why? For example if I wanna start with Primes and go to Options, it doesn't let me... The computer chooses what tyres I start with, and I choose what I do for the rest.

>Cheers!< Jrv01

The only thing I can think of is that you must of qualified higher than 10th so you have to start on the tyres you qualified on.

Oh, thanks so much mate! Didn't think of that before... I actually knew it (in real life, but forgot it in the game), so thanks so much for reminding me...

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Yes, that's part of Formula 1 regulations (real world). The drivers who make it to Q3 (top ten) must start on the tires (tyres) they were on when they recorded their best lap time (if it's dry during Q3 and race start).

It's always good to remember that your tire selection in Q3 is part of your tire strategy for the race. Also, the more laps you run on a set of tires while qualifying, and if you set your final lap time on those tires, the more laps you've worn off of them--you'll have to pit earlier during the race. So if you're running a full race weekend with all three qualifying sessions, take it easy and stay out of the drop zones on Q1 and Q2 (on other tires), then try to get in a good lap quickly in Q3--hopefully pole, with the tires you want to start with.