Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A look behind the ISR show curtain (show suggestion)

6 posts in this topic

I've been a fan of the show for a few years now.  It has caused me to join iRacing a year ago, buy a few wheels, have an on-going pedal DIY project, and build a rig part way before I had to tear it down because of space limitations but I'll eventually workout a rig to fit my needs. 

So needless to say I come for the sim racing and stay for that but I do have to admit that your TWISR show last year from your new location where you did a vlog basically of your move to Spokane Valley, WA was very cool to me.  I enjoyed a peek behind the curtain and it was a cool change of pace. 

I know you've done open houses before at your place in California before the move and I assume you may do one again some day in Spokane Valley and since the vast majority of us would never get to come to one of those, I think it would be interesting to see a Day in the Life of ISR.  Essentially a videolog "open house" of a typical day or week of what you and Shaun do to make the This Month Inside Sim Raching show and maybe a tour around your home studio(s).  

I think it would surprise a lot of us the amount of time you 2 have to put into making the show.  I don't know if the show is a full-time job supporting both of you now or a full-time hobby/passion in addition to regular jobs.  Either way, I'm sure the actual work for the show is more than a full time job in itself.  And I know I would find it very interesting into what all goes on during a typical day(s) to make the show and I think others would also.

Hi BK,

Great suggestion and we'd love to do something like that if we could squeeze it in. Something I'll be doing this Thursday is an interview with ETV Sim Racing Radio who's asked me to come on their show for an interview on how we got going and about sim racing in general. I'm sure we'll be able to embed it or the show will be available on demand after.

Thanks again for the suggestion and like I said, if we can squeeze it in somehow, maybe on TWISR, we will :-) Maybe we can do it in segments. 

Darin 

Maybe you guys should rename "TWISR" to TMISR" Haha

If you could record the interview and post it would be good to see :)

Also, if you and Shaun still have time for iRacing, it would be cool if you could go back to recording races like Shaun did for a bit.