Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Success with DFP 360 degree steering

5 posts in this topic

post-15377-0-46697400-1381444642_thumb.jWell I finally figured it out. The last attempt did not take into account that the code wheel was driven by another gear, so when I put the G25 motor with the sensor on the motor the wheel would steer backwards. This time I used a driven gear with the original sensor, but the ratio is 1:1, so the resulting lock to lock degrees turn out to be 360 degrees and it steers correctly. I am going to have to get used to this quick steering, but I have tried it and I like it, so if there are any questions or comments I'm ready. I posted a picture of what the sensor looks like with the 1:1 setup.post-15377-0-35399600-1380935980_thumb.j  This is an update for my Driving Force Pro.  I have gotten rid of the gear drive and am running the code wheel directly on the shaft, I simply turned the sensor upside down.  Here is a picture of the new setup.  I was experiencing some decalibrations with the gear setup, I believe it was slipping, remember it was turning 2.5 times the stock code wheel, so that is why I eliminated the gear.  I also epoxied the code wheel on the shaft, so far no decalibrations.  I am driving at 360 degrees.

I posted a short video on YouTube about my mods, so search on YouTube (360 lock to lock for Gran Turismo GT5 )  My video ran out of time, so there 2 videos marked 1 and 2, if you are interested.  Today I will attempt to install a G25 pedal to the DFP, stick around I may need help. Robert Brown.

Nice rig, a lot better than mine, maybe someday I will get away from my ghetto rig.  I have an 88 Corvette six way electrically adjustable seat, sort of a waste because once it is adjusted, that's it, haven't moved since, oh well.  I bought a pedal rig off of a G 25 and am now using it, boy what an improvement over the stock DFP set.  I think I will post another video of me driving with the new wheel today, if I can figure out how to set it up. OK, I posted it.

Nice rig, a lot better than mine, maybe someday I will get away from my ghetto rig.  I have an 88 Corvette six way electrically adjustable seat, sort of a waste because once it is adjusted, that's it, haven't moved since, oh well.  I bought a pedal rig off of a G 25 and am now using it, boy what an improvement over the stock DFP set.  I think I will post another video of me driving with the new wheel today, if I can figure out how to set it up. OK, I posted it.

Cool, and thanks. My rig is still a bit of a mess, it doesn't look that pretty to be honest hehe! Someday I'll get around to adding seat runners and paint the thing. Still need to sort out decent audio and a tactile transducer or 3 :)

I thought I saw some G25 pedals in your first video. You could get the clutch going by replacing the pot with one that has a 'on' detent, then connect it to the the relevant button on the wheel pcb. It would only work as a 'on' - 'off' but would still be worth having for when your not driving the formula cars. Just an idea :)