Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moto GP 2013 Review

4 posts in this topic

Presenting our review of Moto GP 2013 for the XBox 360, PS3 and PC. Most gameplay took place on the PC, but we also tested it on the other platforms as well. 

On the PC we played it with an XBox 360 gamepad. We hope you enjoy the show !

Thanks for the MotoGP 2013 review. 

I am an avid MotoGP fan (Forza Rossi!) so it is good to hear you found the game to have more positives than negatives.  Did I miss it or was there was no footage of the MotoGP premier class in your review (Rossi, Lorenzo, Marquez, Pedrosa, Crutchlow)?  I think the Moto3 class bikes sound much better in real-life than ingame.  These 250cc bikes have a throaty growl that sounds like a squadron of airplane bombers when they are on track.

Thank you, Darin, for stating that you had problems with using a gamepad controller in the game.  I have ridden motorcycles for 15 years and for the life of me I cannot get my tiny brain to adapt to using a gamepad controller to play any of the available PC/console motorcycle games.  It is very frustrating to say the least!  If someone can develop a better controller I would love to start trying more motorcycle racing sims.

just throwing out some contorller ideas.....

Can a racing wheel and pedals be adopted to control a motorcycle in game?  Turn the wheel Left/Right to control lean angle?  Throttle control???   assigning brakes controlls could be an issue?  or someone can design a 2-pedal set with with one pedal for front brake and one pedal for rear brake?  use paddle shifters on wheel for shifting?  clutch?  likely use an autoclutch in game?....  my peabrain may be able to adapt to such a system more easily than having to use my fingers mashing buttons and pushing triggers on a gamepad controller!   

c'mon you smart guys, get to work designing some better PC motorcycle game controllers!  :)

You could use a wheel and pedals, but it just feels weird.  Back in the days of EA Superbike (2000)... my favorite controller setup was a flight stick for lean/steer and gear shifts, and my pedals for gas/brake (combined brake).  Leaning with a flight stick feels natural... leaning with a racing wheel doesn't... unless you set it to something like 90-100 degrees of rotation, maybe than.

I will have to check the MotoGP 2013 gamesite and see what peripherals are supported.

Flight stick + pedals!  yes, great idea.

The little joystick on the gamepads are so imprecise in my hands a flightstick with an ability to set a deadzone might work better for me.

please have a good weekend.