Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INSIDE SIM RACING SHOW

18 posts in this topic

What has happened to the show since the move ? I Miss the ol" show, the frequency, the variety, the people, the episodes !!!

With all due respect guys things have headed south since your move north.  I miss seeing you both doing a variety of sim topics every week. 

I sincerely hope everything is alright down there insidesimracing headquarters !!

Cheers Guys and all the best ! :ugeek:

I kind of agree with Cruzer90.  There have been a lot of mods, tracks & carsets released for rFactor1, Simbin  and other games.  Yet there has been a dearth of reports on them.  One of the great things about ISR was the variety, so hopefully that will return soon.

I kind of agree with Cruzer90.  There have been a lot of mods, tracks & carsets released for rFactor1, Simbin  and other games.  Yet there has been a dearth of reports on them.  One of the great things about ISR was the variety, so hopefully that will return soon.

Not sure we'll ever go back to rF1 or the older Sim Bin titles. In all honesty, being away from rFactor for a while, I have forgotten all the steps to set it up properly. Also, it's almost 10 years old ;-) We plan to cover more of the current stuff. rF2, Project Cars, Raceroom and Assetto

I know I'm kinda new but thought I'd toss in my two pennies.

Myself, I'd prefer single topic shows as I think it makes it a better resource for search results, easily scannable for content.

The back end process and development is seldom considered by viewers.Can't wait to see more out of you guys

Keep up the great work!!!!

Not sure we'll ever go back to rF1 or the older Sim Bin titles. In all honesty, being away from rFactor for a while, I have forgotten all the steps to set it up properly. Also, it's almost 10 years old :wink: We plan to cover more of the current stuff. rF2, Project Cars, Raceroom and Assetto

I am glad that you and Shaun are more forward-looking.  My main racing group is rFactor centered.  After several years of running rFactor, it has gotten stale for me.  Yes, an occasional new mod will trigger my interest, but overall, I have moved on to newer sims, including iRacing, rFactor 2 and Project CARS, with Assetto Corsa on the horizon.

Not sure we'll ever go back to rF1 or the older Sim Bin titles. In all honesty, being away from rFactor for a while, I have forgotten all the steps to set it up properly. Also, it's almost 10 years old :wink: We plan to cover more of the current stuff. rF2, Project Cars, Raceroom and Assetto

Thanks for your reply Darin.  I'm constantly amazed at what the modders bring to these older sims.  The recent Indycars mod from Izod is great as is the Enduroracers one.  I'm not totally convinced that the physics on some of the recent releases are better than older Simbin titles.  Others will no doubt disagree, and only time will tell.  

"Was also curious about the "variety" comment.. Do you guys like the variety shows ?  The longer 30+ minute shows where we have multiple subjects ?? Or would you prefer the shows to be on their own ?

I like the magazine format, with variety, it meant that I would view stuff that I might not at first be interested in.  Sometimes it would spark an interest,  or I would learn something new.  Mostly they were enjoyable.

It is a very varied community encompassing many styles of sim racers and I feel the earlier shows catered for that.

Anyway, thanks for the work you and Shaun do. :smile: 

Was also curious about the "variety" comment.. Do you guys like the variety shows ?  The longer 30+ minute shows where we have multiple subjects ?? Or would you prefer the shows to be on their own ?

I like shows with multiple subjects, it gets you into watching what you came for, and I usually stick around to see what else is out there. 

rFactor may be old, but it still has a rather large following.

Just for that reason, it may be worth taking a look and see what's happening with it from time to time.

I still fire it up from time to time and am still blown away at the new mods still coming out for it.

I'm hoping once the moving pains are done, regularity returns to the show, Inside Sim Racing This Week should be brought back and released on the same day every week.

Other more dedicated shows (E3, Games Con, specials, and so on) could be smaller shows on their own but TWISR should be brought back as the staple show with regularity.

Just my thoughts.

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

Jepp, regularity is important I think also to get viewers to the sight. I there is nothing new to the sight then you will get fewer clicks...

deside the kind of regularity that you can handle and stick with it for a while...see what the community thinks.

I want to know when new episodes can be expected. As it is now I don't know if its coming this day/week or even month... 

So I vote for variety shows on a regular basis.

I liked the format from Race Sim Central, I understand you guys can't do a daily show.  Would be nice to have those type of updates here.  Just a thought.  A central location for all sim related news is needed for the community.