Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XCM F1 Xbox 360 Converter for Logitech wheels - Please share experience

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Shawn made a good review for V1 of this XCM F1 Xbox 360 converter. My topic is major for V2 or V3. They are a way better with better tune options, better FFB etc.

I wanna know - those advanced V2 and V3 converters make G27,G25 and DFGT 100% playable on xbox 360 or still have some issues?? 

Thanks in advance

It depends on the game. I got one of these hoping that it was solve my problems for a wheel on 360 but it still suffers from what I call controlleritis on some games (especially the newer forza's).

The biggest problem is that the game doesn't see the g25 as a wheel (at least in the v2 I have) but as a standard xbox 360 controller. So when you go into a corner just like on the 360 gamepad you have to apply pretty much full lock because it doesn't give you a truely 1 to 1 ratio but this isn't the biggest problem and this is what I hate about the new Forza's and Gran Turismo's. When the car start's to step out and oversteers it gives you an exagerated amount of countersteer quite often resulting in a spin. I really hate that games are like this now cause I can not play any new Gran Turismo or Forza on a gamepad anymore where older titles are quite good and this doesn't work half bad.

It is nice that the V2 gives you shifter support but I really wish they made it that the 360 see's the device as a wheel or if there was a switch on it to change it from wheel to controller mode. Now there may be controller settings in some games that give you a more 1 to 1 match up but i know when I tried it it was okay for some cars but others were still undriveable. I would honestly recommend trying to save up for like a cheap fanatec and if you have  g25 just use the pedal adapter or if you could find a cheap 360 wheel (I got lucky and had a friend who sold me 1 for 20 bucks, I think the price they command on xbay is ridiculous) and it works a million times better and I got an apadter from Basherboards (that guy is amazing) to get my g25 pedals to work with it (also gave me components FOR FREE to make the clutch pedal work).

With my experience it's an okay device but I use it more to run ps3 controller's on my pc nowadays cause it works amazing for that but I know I rarely use it for racing games on the 360 anymore cause it just doesn't work that great with Forza.