Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GT5, 24 hours of Lemans

3 posts in this topic

7 hours into driving the 24 hours of Lemans, what an experience! the transition from day to dusk and then night is totally amazing. Playing in totally darkness and driving at night is so submersive. It's only while waiting in pit stops that i realise I'm sitting in a sim. Driving at full speed down the mulsane straight in the dark is a eire awesome experience and addictive. It's a shame most GT5 players don't a tempt this event, there has been a lot of work to make this as realistic as possible, with lighting, track temperature changes.

I can imagine how it feels, especially when driving with cockpit view. Night in wet conditions is really intimidating!

Only "con" is the lack of competition. I planned to do this event some time ago, but I got sucked more and more into iRacing. Maybe one day I do it, just to bring my GT5 career to 100%. Only the endurance races are missing.

But I agree, LeMans feels really intense!

GT5 does day/night transitions really well. Recently did a few laps on Nurburgring from dusk til dawn (24hr layout)..definately my favorite. Only gripe I have with GT5 is I wish it had more feedback in the wheel. Strength is good, but it needs more information relayed.