More mixed reality VR videos and a how to tutorial! Since we posted the first mixed reality video from Marcel Pfister, his video has been viewed more than 754,000 times! Be on the look out for a great detail touch at the start of the RUF video, very well done, Marcel! Virtual Reality is definitely big news, it opens a lot of doors for creative people who have some very cool ideas.
VR technology is so ideally suited to sim racing that it is still one of, if not the best, experience you can have using a VR headset.
Actually, sim racing is one of the few genres that can be translated directly to the real world equivalent. Adding VR to the genre is a logical step and I am sure, will result in true e-sport status and VR racing Championships in the very near future.
Marcel has been kind enough to have answered a small list of questions regarding what is and isn’t possible using his method of green screen projection:
- ”No, i can´t see my hands or the steering wheel while playing, it´s done in video editing.
- The green dot comes from unwarping the Rift video, I´m sorry for that, but i couldn´t get rid of it.
- The poor resolution is because i record with 1080p but then have to crop the picture down the view of one eye in 16:9 so iIget less than 720p. This will get better as soon as i get the final verion of the Rift or the Vive.
Marcel’s Pc Specs:
- PC: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 16GB Ram, GTX 980Ti.
- Fanatec Clubsport Wheel Base V2 and Clubsport Pedals V2”