When the second Early Access build of Assetto Corsa Competizione was released just about a week ago, especially in the VR department, things were not quite 100%. Kunos Simulazioni now comes to rescue with the latest VR-dedicated hotfix patch for Assetto Corsa Competizione!
What Needs Fixing?
The main fix of the patch is that camera scaling (6DoF) now works correctly! Apart from that and many tweaks of course, additional controls and shortcuts were added (see below) to make the VR experience a little more convenient.
For a general guide on handling VR in Assetto Corsa Competizione, head here.
Version 0.2.1 Changelog
– Enabled basic keyboard controls for UI (up, down, left, right, enter, back, pgup, pgdown)
– VR: Fixed wrong camera scaling that made 6DOF appear to not work correctly
– Added possibility to look left/right on current car and during replay (not only for the player car)
– Added possibility to centre view in VR by holding look left or right or back (or cycle left or right in the UI) keys for 2 seconds
– Fixed HUD not updating electronics values after car setup
– Fixed filter on Car Selection page
– Fixed pitstop casually affecting the wrong car
– Fixed gamepad vibrating when paused
– Different loading mode for some sound assets
– Fixed ambient sounds not paused during slow motion / FFWD in replay
– Better timing for start/stop music
– Events poliphony optimisation
– Tweaked sound distance attenuation for some events
– Fast Rolling start is now default in every Realism preset
– Fixed slow AI in very wet condition due to wrong detection of puddles
– Flames and Sparks are now not rendered in internal cameras in the focused car to avoid unwanted flashes
– Fixed offset values not refreshing when the camera is changed while in View Settings page
– Tweaked mandatory pitstop request timing
– Added minimum pit window length (5 mins)
– Fixed possible crashes after 30 minutes