SCS Software has released the much anticipated Arizona DLC for American Truck Simulator. In this latest expansion pack you can drive the streets of fifteen new cities, including the Arizona state capital, Phoenix. A section of perhaps the most famous route in the world is also represented here, Route 66! Driving this particular section of Route 66, you pass by some of the most iconic desert scenery anywhere on Earth! Flagstaff and Tucson are but a couple of the major centers you are able to drive through in this new DLC pack. Crossing the many unique bridges which span the Colorado river, you gain access to many of the regions scenic landmarks.
Actually, watching Darin drive this simulator in the SimXperience Stage four rig, it makes a welcome difference to race titles and gives anyone wanting to try their hand at a truck simulator a very good insight into just how much responsibility you take on when driving an eighteen wheeler! Here below is a changelog of the changes and improvements which have been made since the last update to American Truck Simulator.
- Improved external jobs support in game (direct control, freight market).
- Physically simulated truck and trailer coupling (option).
- [ATS only] Added external jobs.
- [ATS only] Arizona DLC.
- Blinker auto off can be disabled (option).
- Speeding highlight can be disabled (option).
- [ETS2 only] Cabin accessory physics does not require DLC anymore.
- Torque converter simulation greatly improved.
- Automatic transmission behavior improved.
- XInput support added – custom support for XBox controller.
- Added UI support for 4th and 5th controller.
- Gear shift selectors (range, split) now have UI support for position-based switches.
- [ETS2 only] Scania trucks reworked.
- [ATS only] New accessories added to 579 and T680 (bullbars, deflectors, sideflares, etc).
- [ATS only] Default air horn added to all trucks (attribute air_horn in sound accessory).
- [ATS only] New engine sound of W900 (air intake).
- [ATS only] Interior sounds of all trucks rebalanced.
- [ATS only] US specific engine data.
- [ATS only] Added new road from San Rafael to Eureka + new city Ukiah on this road
- [ETS2 only] Unit name fixes, most interior accessory and some other mods need update.
- Damage params moved out from game_data.sii and some more added (including wear and part damage factors).
- Data driven engines (torque curve, rpm limits).
- Force feedback data for XInput added (force_feedback.sii).
- Torque converter physics data added, separated manual clutch data (physics.sii).
- Data change from driven wheel to driven axle.
- Added check for internal camera continuity.