(Oval) Rookie to A class in less than 10 days.
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Hey,

My full name is Billy Joe (BJ) Ammons. I started my iracing account March 7th 2013. On March 16th I made A class on the oval license. post-12840-0-91436500-1363885741_thumb.p

What I did to get!

• I spent the first day learning how to control the car, AVOID going to official events
  • Focused only on my SR and not my IR
  • Drive to finish without incidents
  • Let drivers go even if you are faster, its not where you finish BUT how
  • I know my IR was taking a hit by letting all these kids finish ahead of me but I would finish at the back of the pack with .1 or .2 SR
  • You Gain the most SR from races, thus qualifying, practices, and testing are time consuming 
  • START FROM THE PITS, I have actually finish in top 5 most of the time from doing this because of the turn 1 pill ups and the fools that race like it the last lap at the start
  • As soon as you get Rookie 4.4, you'll be able to skip from buying any D level cars...buy C level, I bought the Nascar Truck and started as D level 3.4, as soon as I got to D 4.4, I started driving the indy cars. Then, I was back at C 3.4, I ran many truck races and indy races depending on which were available. I ran both (trucks and indy car till i got C 4.4 then got promoted to B 3.4. I avoided racing the class B car because bristle is an SR killer. I instead keep racing (indy and trucks) until I was B 4.4 then I was finally promoted to A license. 
  • Hint: Open races are worth more SR than Fixed, and open races typically have drivers that race cleaner in my experience 
  • If your goal is to race A class dont waste your money on tracks/cars in Rookie/D/C level...for exmaple, Im buying all the NASCAR tracks because Ill know ill race them. 
  • BUY IN BUILD, buy 6 at a time and save that money...use the promo codes 

My goal is to make Pro License once I get my IR up and once I finish my classes up for the spring. This can be achieve even if you have a busy schedule. I got to Johns Hopkins University and I have to study 6-8 hours on most days and Im on the wrestling team. Thus, I do not wanna hear someone tell me that they do not have time. 

Wow, props to you man. The league I'm in, the owner did the same thing in about the same amount of time ( although he said he did it in 9, but whatever its not a competition). He told me this after I thought it was awesome that I went from a Rookie road to a C road in 2 days time.

Yeah, from D class to A class took me 6 days. However, if you had a weekend to kill, I sure someone could start as a rookie and become an A class in a weekend's time minus little sleep lol. 

why the rush, takes time to learn a craft, no point in getting to A class just to realise you havent actualy learned any race skills or gained any race experience then finding your being hopelesly outclassed in races, just my opinion of coarse, each to there own

True, I think most people should take the longer road to learn all the in-and-outs. I have some prior experience to sim racing, and I have always been pretty good will building setups. Thus, I wanted to get out lower classes to be in more competitive classes.  Plus, A class has drivers that, typically, race cleaner than lower skill level in other classes. 

why the rush, takes time to learn a craft, no point in getting to A class just to realise you havent actualy learned any race skills or gained any race experience then finding your being hopelesly outclassed in races, just my opinion of coarse, each to there own

I checked this guy out on iRacing, 66 races is a good amount of time to learn how to race. Its not like he cheated the system, he raced clean, and completed requirements.

Great job.  I thought I was fast.  I went from Rookie to A class both road and oval in less than a month.  At first I was trying to race, but then decided I was going to get all of the promotions done first, then start racing.  It's not that I was interested in racing the A class races, I just wanted to have every series available to me should I decide to race them.  It's also nice to have the blue stripes on the back of the car.  Most of the series I run now are in the C class.  My three main series are the IndyCar fixed oval series, GT Challenge, and Grand Am Sports Car series.

Wow very nice this really helped me, by the way what was the buggest amount of SR you gained? Did you get more SR when you finished high, or low letting faster people pass you?

Depends, as long as you race clean and avoid accidents, thats the key. Learning wreck avoidance is the best thing you can do and learn to always slow down more than you should if u can see an accident ahead. SR is all about logging laps with incidents, not where you finish. Your IR may take a hurting but you can alwasy gain that back