• Announcements

• Darin Gangi

ISRTV Amazon Store   11/29/16

Hi All, We created an Amazon store that's pretty basic and currently only for U.S. shoppers. If you purchase something from it and then other items through Amazon, we make a small commission. It won't cost anymore than Amazon normally does but will help support our show and website and would be greatly appreciated ! You can get to it by going here : http://www.isrtv.com/isrtv-amazon-store/ Thank for your support !

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How we play motorcycle games is about to change 4 ever !!!

7 posts in this topic

So here is the full system for motorcycle games at 90% of finished design. I am still working on the cover designs, so it will look a heck of a lot better when I make up my mind. The stand for steering adjusts up and down by 40cm and comes with a monitor or laptop stand. The unit has NO play in it at all, I can stand on it and jump and it wont wobble !!!. The foot control stand has been reduced in size and is as stable as the steering unit. The final units will have increased distance between the foot pegs ca. 30cm. The front and rear brakes are both with potentiometers, but on request I will also make the brakes with load cells. I am still waiting for delivery of the handlebar switches so I should have finished pics by Tuesday. I will try and make a new video today. The system is 100% compatible with GPBikes with full controls to use. GP500 will not take more than 3 axis so the rear brake is activated by JoyToKey which will be shipped pre-programmed with the system. MX simulator only recognizes steering and throttle, but once again with JoyToKey it has all controls. SBK 09 is a pain and needed JTK to see any input at all and steering is very sensitive. I am trying to get in touch with Blackbean to send them a unit to make a patch that will make it 100% compatible, and the same with Josh for MXS. Fuel is being imposible so am working on that too. I still need to try GTA4 just to see if I can get the bikes in there to work too. I will definitely be building units to sit on too but expect to pay an additional $100 to $150 depending on the type of seat used. I am still working out the cost of the base unit as it is not cheap to produce so it will be at least $350 depending on my suppliers of electronics and materials. I am trying my best to get the price down as low as I can so please be patient. Well here are a few pics for now, more coming later today including some videos with luck. Let me know what you think. Allanpost-2063-135485901126_thumb.jpgpost-2063-135485901134_thumb.jpgpost-2063-135485901141_thumb.jpgpost-2063-13548590115_thumb.jpgpost-2063-135485901159_thumb.jpgpost-2063-135485901167_thumb.jpg

Where the heck have I been the last few days.. Holy crap !! WOW !!! Looking awesome Allan. Sorry I missed your call. Things have been crazy here at SRT..

I haven't heard from Blackbean lately.. Asked specifically about your projct and they ignored me..

I wouldn't bother with GTA4.. We couln't get a wheel to work with it..

Darin

So here is the full system for motorcycle games at 90% of finished design. I am still working on the cover designs, so it will look a heck of a lot better when I make up my mind. The stand for steering adjusts up and down by 40cm and comes with a monitor or laptop stand. The unit has NO play in it at all, I can stand on it and jump and it wont wobble !!!. The foot control stand has been reduced in size and is as stable as the steering unit. The final units will have increased distance between the foot pegs ca. 30cm. The front and rear brakes are both with potentiometers, but on request I will also make the brakes with load cells. I am still waiting for delivery of the handlebar switches so I should have finished pics by Tuesday. I will try and make a new video today. The system is 100% compatible with GPBikes with full controls to use. GP500 will not take more than 3 axis so the rear brake is activated by JoyToKey which will be shipped pre-programmed with the system. MX simulator only recognizes steering and throttle, but once again with JoyToKey it has all controls. SBK 09 is a pain and needed JTK to see any input at all and steering is very sensitive. I am trying to get in touch with Blackbean to send them a unit to make a patch that will make it 100% compatible, and the same with Josh for MXS. Fuel is being imposible so am working on that too. I still need to try GTA4 just to see if I can get the bikes in there to work too. I will definitely be building units to sit on too but expect to pay an additional $100 to $150 depending on the type of seat used. I am still working out the cost of the base unit as it is not cheap to produce so it will be at least $350 depending on my suppliers of electronics and materials. I am trying my best to get the price down as low as I can so please be patient. Well here are a few pics for now, more coming later today including some videos with luck. Let me know what you think. Allan[attachment=5]P1010283.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]P1010284.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]P1010285.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]P1010286.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]P1010287.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]P1010289.JPG[/attachment]

Hi Darin, here are a few picks with the switches on and working great. I can get any program to run withit using JoyToKey, but its only digital input, SBK 09 was great except for steering but Im working on it ok. GPBikes is a blast, got my license and the 990 bike on Seca is amazing with my controls. I am working with Josh to sort out MXS, I have full controls but need to rework a bit. Just have the new covers to make and the prototype is done. Already working on redesign to bring cost down. If you have time to talk please call me on 954 689 2103. Have a great day.

Allan

post-2063-135485901221_thumb.jpg

post-2063-135485901226_thumb.jpg

post-2063-135485901231_thumb.jpg

OK just a quickie to let you know. Josh and I have now made it so my system works 100% on MXS. I now have steering, throttle, Front brake, Rear Brake and clutch fully analog and rider control on bar switches. I need to practice as I have never ridden MX so am still to slow to make a good video. I have to do an OS upgrade on Wednesday and will cut a video when I reinstall Sony Vegas 9 again.

Nice work, what about adding pots for leaning ( I dont know if games support this or not). But I guess you would need to change your frame to add some kind of anchor so that it would not tilt over.

If you look at the Fast and the Furious arcade game you can see how their tilt works. fairly simple IMO.

Even SBK wont support a decent control system. You guys need to understand I am building a system for everybody and trying to keep the price real. I don't think anyone understands how hard it is to make something that is usable by everyone and not the minority. At present there is only two bike games that allow full controller recognition and they are GPBikes and TDU. I have designs for full sit on systems that take up little more space than this set up and they will have ways to control the rider in a game too. I need to concentrate on making this system perfect first.