• Announcements

• Darin Gangi

ISRTV Amazon Store   11/29/16

Hi All, We created an Amazon store that's pretty basic and currently only for U.S. shoppers. If you purchase something from it and then other items through Amazon, we make a small commission. It won't cost anymore than Amazon normally does but will help support our show and website and would be greatly appreciated ! You can get to it by going here : http://www.isrtv.com/isrtv-amazon-store/ Thank for your support !

Obutto R3VOLUTION Review
3 3

86 posts in this topic

Presenting our review of the Obutto Revolution. 

You may remember our review of the OZone by Obutto. Now we have our hands on their top end model, the Revolution. Watch and see what we thought about it. We hope you enjoy the show !

Hello guys

I just have watch your test of the new obutto and it was a nice test. But i saw you mounted the arms to the tabletops wrong. I dont have any problems with mine

And a nice thing with them is that under the acrylics is vesa-plates for mounting for example a smaller screen for exampel. That i would say is a pro in your pros and cons-list

You also have some thoughts about the mounting instructions. When i bought mine i got a mail with links to assembly videos wich was great.

http://www.obutto.com/r3v_assembly_videos.html

Have a nice new year

Saw the review last night. Nice review of the Obutto Rev. WOW a 10 for the rig and 9 overall. If I didn't already have the Ozone I would jump on this. Glad you finally cleared up the Ozone deck (non )issue. i never had an issue with mine.  As noted my concern with all those articulated moving pieces are how well they will stand up with any audio transducers (eg Buttkickers) installed over a period of time. Still love how the Obuttos are function over form industrial designs. Like my rig to look like serious gear and not some art decor piece of furniture.

Hi Shaun & Darin,

your Rev scale result was what I expected to be honest. From what I have seen so far in the web, this rig seems to have everything you need, so almost perfect. Only the delivery contents are confusing me (especially in regard to the monitor stand). Here is what it says in the web shop:

What does the Obutto R3Volution Base Cockpit come with?       

1. real car sports seat with a slight tilt

2. very stable steel frame with 2mm thick walled tubing

3. fully articulating keyboard & mouse tray for optimal positioning

4. includes a self adhesive mouse pad material for covering all of keyboard & mouse tray

5. separate monitor stand to accommodate any monitors from 19" to 55"

6. main monitor mount has fully articulating arm with approx 25cm of travel

7. foot or pedal tray with angle & over 20cm of distance adjustability

8. tall shifter mount to accommodate major H-pattern shifters

9. steering wheel mount is pre-drilled for major controllers

10. steering wheel mount is pre-drilled with 75x75 & 100x100 VESA bolt patterns so displays can be mounted

11. steering wheel mount is height, distance and tilt adjustable

12. includes a 1.5mm thick self adhesive neoprene for steering wheel mount & pedal tray (this softens the interface between the controllers and the steel mount, making it more comfortable, and allowing your devices to remain in pristine condition)

13. hidden wire management through the front spine of the cockpit

All this for 679€

There are 3 upgrades available:

1. Triple monitor mount (90€)

2. Black acrylic tabletop (100€)

3. Flight stick mount (40€)

That's it. So for my understanding, the basic rig has at least a single monitor stand (see #5) in the package? And for another 90€ you can upgrade to triple stand?

Thanks for the review.  I wish you had given some information about spacing for the pedals.  A rig in this price range is likely to see CST pedals and such.  Would of been nice to see mounting options for higher end pedals. Actually even if they would  just fit.

But overall thanks a great effort.

Now if only the Canadian re-seller    www.GetGadget.ca would respond to my emails :sad:(

Keep up the good work.

Thank you.

John

Michael Main over at iRacing posted your review and by doing this, he answered my question. Here is what he said:

"Inside Sim Racing just released their review of the Obutto R3Volution.

Obutto R3Volution is the first cockpit to get a 10/10 on the RevScale by Inside Sim Racing.

A few notes: the cockpit comes with the monitor stand, they mention it not included in the review, but it is. The acrylic tabletops are mounted incorrectly in the review, which makes them not work correctly thus their need for zip ties 3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif

Hope you enjoy!"

Very nice review Darin and Shaun, Thank you for posting it, I was expecting/waiting for the entire show for the main shaft to be tested (the steering shaft-main backbone - extended),like when you pull the steering wheel closer and higher, but didn't see it. maybe i missed it. saw it twice already. could be just me not paying enough attention

Very nice review Shaun and Darin, I'm 60 years old & I've had my Obutto Rev for about 3 months I have 4 different Cons

1) Seat wing is getting ready to fall off, due to getting in and out of the seat I have a 4" block of foam on the seat to take up the sag in the bottom of the seat. 

2) Can't  mount keyboard tray far enough back to allow easy access  

3) The rig was too low for me, now have it raised it on an  8" platform

4) The powder coating has a lot of unpainted or missed places  

That's it. So for my understanding, the basic rig has at least a single monitor stand (see #5) in the package? And for another 90€ you can upgrade to triple stand?

Yes your understanding led you to the truth ;-)

The upgrade is just additional holding arms mounted to the original single monitor stand.

I expected new Obutto to be highly rated. Although I'm not so hyper exited about that rig because it's heavy, huge, needs a lot of dedicated space and not so polished as Brian1953 noticed.

CSL Seat or Obutto Revolution this is a question :???:  Hmmmm...

Great review, loving the look of the new Obutto. Do you guys know where I can find a review of the fanatec rennsport cockpit? I want to compare these two rigs, since they share similar characteristics. Thanks again.

Yes your understanding led you to the truth :wink:

The upgrade is just additional holding arms mounted to the original single monitor stand.

I expected new Obutto to be highly rated. Although I'm not so hyper exited about that rig because it's heavy, huge, needs a lot of dedicated space and not so polished as Brian1953 noticed.

CSL Seat or Obutto Revolution this is a question :???:  Hmmmm...

I really wish there was a place you could go to try these things out rather than buying them without a proper sit-down.  I'm very interested in the CSL seat and it is a very nice price (£270 inc del to UK) but I really would like to sit in one and see how it feels before I plonk down that sort of cash.

Thanks for the review.  I wish you had given some information about spacing for the pedals.  A rig in this price range is likely to see CST pedals and such.  Would of been nice to see mounting options for higher end pedals. Actually even if they would  just fit.

Now if only the Canadian re-seller    www.GetGadget.ca would respond to my emails :sad:(

Keep up the good work.

Thank you.

John

getgadget.ca doesn't seem to want to respond to potential customers. no answer to my multiple emails either :(

I had the Ozone before I got the R3volution

And it truly is a revolution, all kinks I had with the Ozone have been improved upon.
Especially the keyboard tray is amazing.

The Triple monitor mount has great adjustability You can even tilt and rotate the monitors. But this makes the aligning a whole lot more tricky.
But I like the adjustability better than the "fixed" nature of the Ozone.

If you mount the included flanges on the table tops, you can incline them and put a tablet on there without worrying about it falling off. Again great addition

Mine came with the cup holder for free as a surprise from Obutto. (I think all from the first batch came with the cup holder for free)

I use mine both for gaming and work/programming. It does it all and is extremely comfortable to work in all day.

If you're looking for a versatile rig without wanting to compromise, trhis is the one to get.

Regarding the assembly being tricky;
Chris from Obutto has made some very useful videos on the assembly process.

I used the videos when assembling mine, they helped a lot!

/MLK

Cheers RacingMLK ;) and glad to hear you're enjoying the full goodness of your r3v!  

Re Canada orders, we have a new Canadian distributor who should have r3v's in stock by mid Feb.  Please contact http://simulation1.ca/ and they should have details on their site soon.  If you would like to pre-order just contact them via email through their site.  Also, for all of you in Persian Gulf countries, Simulation1 will be distributing for us in your region as well in the coming months.  GetGadget did a great job for us but due to other factors they were not able to continue distributing for us in Canada.

Lastly, thanks to Shaun & Darrin for the review, really pleased you guys digged the cockpit ;)

s1s    3

Keep up the good work.

Thank you.

John

simulation1.ca

Great review, loving the look of the new Obutto. Do you guys know where I can find a review of the fanatec rennsport cockpit? I want to compare these two rigs, since they share similar characteristics. Thanks again.

Thanks !  No comparing the two.. The Rennsport doesn't come close to the Revolution IMO. I would take an OZone over a Rennsport as a matter of fact. 

I purchased the R3volution largely based on the ISRTV.com review. So far I am happy with the rig. I'm actually using the optional "wings" to hold my keyboard because the keyboard tray is so large that getting in and out is a huge pain. They optional trays work great though. I'm also having issues getting my triple monitors aligned properly with the Obutto stand. Thanks for the great review.

Thanks for your support topher!  

As a tip, get out on the shifter side........just loosen the knob, open it like a car door and step out.  By not using the keyboard/mouse tray you're missing out on the OBUTTO goodness which is comfortably using your computer :)  

Re the triple mounts, ya they can be a bit of a pain to setup due to all the adjustability, but once you get it dialed in your good to go.   Please ck out our assembly vids for tips on lining up the triple arms, but if you already did that please email me anytime and I can offer ya some more tips ;)  email addy can be found on our site's contact page.