Richard Burns Rally RBR / RSRBR FAQ
2 2

108 posts in this topic

EDIT: I've used this post by "Shoki" to act as an RBR / RSRBR FAQ page. Feel free to ask questions and post your comments here and I will update my original post with links, etc. - Darin Gangi

Was wondering if you can elaborate on what exactly you can do with this mod and how to properly use it. I downloaded and installed everything. Now I am not sure what to do next. Lots of French on the site so I was kind of flying blind. Well blind and a little help of Google translate. :)

I guess you can pick you settings and then click (GO) that seemed to work but I was wondering if you could go into further detail on the best settings, making an account, racing with others, etc.

Thank you,

--Shoki

RBR FAQ AND LINKS -

Purchase here from our Amazon store if you can't find it.. This is for US only..

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C97156?tag ... CP9S7Z2CA&

Ultimate RBR Mod

http://www.rallyesim.com/accueil/index_en.html

Over at Rallyesim.com.. they have this tutorial on installation for starters..

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?p=181480&f=38#p181480

Make sure you edit your RichardBurns INI and delete that PC Input Filter file..

VISTA FFB RBR FIX
If you have no force feedback in Richard Burns Rally RBR using Vista. Try this fix.. It worked for me

1. Go to registry editor (Start button and then click the "run" button; in the small window type: "regedit" (without quotes), press enter; the registry editor appears)

2. Use the 'directory tree' on the left side and go to this directory:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER>System>CurrentControlSet>Control>MediaProperties>PrivateProperties>Joystick>OEM

3. Under this directory delete all the entries that start with "VID_" (without quotes).

4. Reconnect the USB device (MOMO Wheel) to another USB port (just to be safe); Vista should recognize the wheel ...

5. That's it. Go play RBR!

There's also an English forum over there..

That's really cool.. Tagging this.. i'll try to download tomorrow.

Hi Shoki,

Over at Rallyesim.com.. they have this tutorial on installation for starters..

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?p=61310#p61310

Chip over at SimHQ wrote up this tutorial based on the 2009 version.. Should help with 2010 too.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/t ... ost2504842

Make sure you edit your RichardBurns INI and delete that PC Input Filter file..

In regards to getting started.. Make sure you grab their latest patch too..

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=351&t=3382

There's also an English forum over there..

It is a little confusing to get going.. Took me a day to get back acclimated with it.. You can play offline or in public sessions.. Then there's a few ways to play offline. There's also camhack that allows you to adjust the camera placement.

After you go through Chips FAQ, let me know if you have any other questions..

Darin

Ok, Bear with me...

I looked over all the links first, and I'm under the impression that I have to purchase the CD Game first before going onto any of the other steps? (Hence I don't own the game now).

Or.

Is there a site where you can do a download install - like rfactor or ARCA.

Or

Can a person get a copy of this game from rallysim.com for free... I don't want to look cheap - I have no problem spending $10 - $20 for a game.

Sorry for sounding like a tool.. It just the computer side of PC Sim Racing is what intimidates me the most. Give me some time I'll start getting it.

Thanks for your guy's help!!

Not a "tool" question at all Jerret. Matter of fact you can get it through our Amazon store here for under $20..

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C97156?tag ... CP9S7Z2CA&

No place to download it that I know of.

Ok, Bear with me...
I looked over all the links first, and I'm under the impression that I have to purchase the CD Game first before going onto any of the other steps? (Hence I don't own the game now).

Or.
Is there a site where you can do a download install - like rfactor or ARCA.

Or
Can a person get a copy of this game from rallysim.com for free... I don't want to look cheap - I have no problem spending $10 - $20 for a game.

Sorry for sounding like a tool.. It just the computer side of PC Sim Racing is what intimidates me the most. Give me some time I'll start getting it.

Thanks for your guy's help!!

Glad to hear it's working in Windows 7/64.

I ended up getting it free due to having eBay bucks, and went there before I noticed it's for sale here a their Amazon store.

I went and subjected myself to international shipping. Darn.

I run 360 on the wheel.. If you go into setups, then suspension.. You can adjust the rotation on the car as well. Default on all cars is 502 (or so). So you might want to try that if you want to go one to one with the sim.

I change both to 360.. If I forget to change it in sim. The car still handles fine.. just a little more turning..

what degrees are you guys running with your wheels?

Has anyone used this with windows 7??

I installed the base RBR game, the RSRBR base mod then the RSRBR 02 patch. All of them installed fine and i can get into RSCentre and choose car, mod, track....ect but when i hit go or launch RSRBR 2010 it brings up the loading screen and the loading bar gets to the end but then crashes back to my desktop before getting into the menus.

I have tried to run RSCentre in compatability mode selecting XP SP2 as well as right clicing the icon and running as admin without luck. I know the base game works as i had it installed earlier and was playing it but being on windows 7 i couldn't use the mod with my base game being installed in c:\program files....etc so i took it off to re-install in order to use this mod.

I think i found my problem and i'm so stupid for not realizing lol.

I'm selecting a car pack to use when i haven't finished downloading the complete car pack so it won't work because it'll be trying to load something that isn't installed yet.

That would do it.. Also.. Just an FYI.. Your avatar needs to be re-uploaded since we changed boards..

Darin

I think i found my problem and i'm so stupid for not realizing lol.

I'm selecting a car pack to use when i haven't finished downloading the complete car pack so it won't work because it'll be trying to load something that isn't installed yet.

Hello all, first post...here goes.

I installed RSRBR 2010 last night, got everything up and running. All car packs, update 2, both track packs. Lotsa content! Anyway, I'm having a couple of nagging issues I was wondering if or anyone here can assist. Here they are:

1. Can't change the Co-Driver's spoken language from French to English. Is that possible?

2. Can you save controller presets? I use a Fanatec Turbo S wheel. Every time I load a track from RSRBR I have to manually change the button presets to work with the paddle shifters. How do you, or can you save controller presets? This is fairly annoying at the start of every race.

3. Can you run 1280 x 768 resolution? I went into "richardburnsrally.ini" and changed the resolution to 1280 x 768 which is what my monitor is set to. However, when I load RSRBR the game will display everything except the menu text. This makes navigating menus possible only by memory. Not happenin... I should note that the game seems to run at whatever the RBR Video Settings are set to, which does not have 1280 x 768 listed as an option.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Hi guys just watched the show good as always.

i would like to know if there is a fix for windows xp 32.i dont have any ffb.

Thanks !

Hello all, first post...here goes.

I installed RSRBR 2010 last night, got everything up and running. All car packs, update 2, both track packs. Lotsa content! Anyway, I'm having a couple of nagging issues I was wondering if or anyone here can assist. Here they are:

1. Can't change the Co-Driver's spoken language from French to English. Is that possible?

2. Can you save controller presets? I use a Fanatec Turbo S wheel. Every time I load a track from RSRBR I have to manually change the button presets to work with the paddle shifters. How do you, or can you save controller presets? This is fairly annoying at the start of every race.

3. Can you run 1280 x 768 resolution? I went into "richardburnsrally.ini" and changed the resolution to 1280 x 768 which is what my monitor is set to. However, when I load RSRBR the game will display everything except the menu text. This makes navigating menus possible only by memory. Not happenin... I should note that the game seems to run at whatever the RBR Video Settings are set to, which does not have 1280 x 768 listed as an option.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

i got 1&2 too any one have any ideas??

Hi Shade.. welcome to our forums !

ok..

1) Boot up Richard Burns Rally WITHOUT Rally Center or in PLAY ALONE mode.. From the main menu go to "Options" and then select "PAcenotes". Change the flag at the bottom from France to UK or German.

2) From the main menu only.. Go to Options / Controls and then change them. then exit and when it asks if you want to save the changes to the profile,, say YES..

Remember.. it only works in offline mode.. Online will not save anything..

3: no clue on that resolution.. sorry

Hope that helps

Darin

i got 1&2 too any one have any ideas??

You may want to try the Vista FFB fix as well..

Hi guys just watched the show good as always.

i would like to know if there is a fix for windows xp 32.i dont have any ffb.

Thanks !

i already tryed it,but in windows xp i cant find the same location in my regedit :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER>System>CurrentControlSet>Control>MediaProperties>PrivateProperties>Joystick>OEM

i also deleted the line in the RichardBurnsRally.ini + tryed to delete PC_inputfilter

still no luck after that

really wish to resolve that problem,never have been able to play the game because i dont have any ffb,make it nearly impossible to drive for me.

am using a fanatec 911 turbo s wheel and also try my g25

thanks again for your help

InsideSimRacing great site, good job people, its getting better and better every week, your reviews gave me the push to purchase RBR (topsimcar) and rFactor I just saw your complete review of RSRBR2010 and this thread and decided to share the place were I purchased RBR in November09

For those who are having a hard time finding RBR maybe you could try this online store for about 8 pounds you get a legal download that you can backup, reinstall on the same hardware as much as you want and on you new machine latter on up to 5 times.

I tried and was the best 5 pounds (was cheaper in November 09) I ever expend, this game really need a lot of involvement to be really good but is enjoyable even being as slow as I am right now anyways.

http://www.gamesplanet.com/UK/produit.h ... gory_id=15

Hi guys, How it's going?...I am from Czech Republic and I am driving RBR at least for 3-4 years now and still like it too much...It's the best and I don't feel there will be something better soon.

But I like to help you with some info:

1) the resolution: There is a .dll library here http://www.bhmotorsports.com/RBR/downloads/1191,

just download it > put to root of RBR and it comes with text file called resolution.ini > write in your custom resolution and here ya go...even in 1920*1080 or any other

2) One thing (who knows sorry) is very useful > When you have your RBR installed, you may copy the whole directory (RichardBurnsRally) with game somewhere else to backup or for another online plugin instalation. (You may also rename the dir, it still works) So you can have unlimited number of instalations on your computer and always have one for backup if something goes wrong (It usualy does :D )

I hope you will sometine review in your show also the czech plugin and work of czech developers and big championships there, because it's not about single drivers no longer, it's about whole organizated teams with strategies and setups. drafting new drivers, and very though fights. See video review http://www.vimeo.com/7902598 (sorry in czech)

For your imagination http://rbr.onlineracing.cz/index.php?ac ... setlng=eng > this is a national championship with more then 700 people registred. This list is just with Team Nomination (just 2 drivers per team and Car group will score) so imagine, how many folks are into this fun (on czech server is registred more then 30.000 drivers all round the world. Just check it out cause I was looking on RSRBR and there are not so many rallies opened...Also I didn't find RSRBR using all mods and cars without any permission from the authors to be fair. But nevermind.

Finaly want to show you how can be RBR tuned up to be as nice as possible (remember it's an old soft.)

Please see my testing of new RBR car Skoda Fabia S2000 and feel free to comment or ask questions.

See you soon on the track (but behind me :D )

Wooo!!! I just got my copy today! :mrgreen: Thanks again, Darin!!! Oh wow, now I have to install all this stuff! :o lol...

Went on pretty smooth..the only thing I ran into is it wants to install under program files...RBRSC doesn't like it and won't install there. Best advice..simply put it somewhere else...I simply moved the directory up from under Program Files (the directory was now under C:\) and it's running fine. One other FYI...the rallysimcentral site has forums but they seem mostly in French...didn't see any separate forums in there for English speakers... surprising since Mr. Burns was British and I would think a lot of UK folks are also playing it...wish I did read French as I'm sure there's lots of good info :-(

Wooo!!! I just got my copy today! :mrgreen: Thanks again, Darin!!! Oh wow, now I have to install all this stuff! :o lol...

Just caught the ISR TV edition with the RBR / RSRBR2010 review, which was outstanding. Kudos to Darin for the RSRBR tutorial video as well. WOW. You covered a lot of ground in a hurry.

Cheers and hope to join you in a rally some time.