• Announcements

• Darin Gangi

ISRTV Amazon Store   11/29/16

Hi All, We created an Amazon store that's pretty basic and currently only for U.S. shoppers. If you purchase something from it and then other items through Amazon, we make a small commission. It won't cost anymore than Amazon normally does but will help support our show and website and would be greatly appreciated ! You can get to it by going here : http://www.isrtv.com/isrtv-amazon-store/ Thank for your support !

ISR - DIY Rig 1 - The Deathmobile - wood rig
14 14

180 posts in this topic

Can someone show how to make a shifter mount

what shifter ? what rig ? do you want it mounted SQ style or H pattern ?

Have you built your Deathmobile?   The G27 shifter just mounts to a flat surface.  If you are able to build the Deathmobile from scratch, surely you can just a 2x4 or something to the side in the position you want the shifter and then clamp it on there.  

Have you built your Deathmobile?   The G27 shifter just mounts to a flat surface.  If you are able to build the Deathmobile from scratch, surely you can just a 2x4 or something to the side in the position you want the shifter and then clamp it on there.

True I just wanted to see what others did

Look at TrashMan's pic of his "Deathmobile" up in this thread and you can see what he did for a Fanatec shifter.  Same can be done for a G27.  A 2x4 wood post with a flat piece on top and clamp the G27 to it.  

Look at TrashMan's pic of his "Deathmobile" up in this thread and you can see what he did for a Fanatec shifter.  Same can be done for a G27.  A 2x4 wood post with a flat piece on top and clamp the G27 to it.

Ok thanks a lot

Here I'm! I realized my personal interpretation of the Deathmobile. I have to thank Shaun for his good explanation and Henrikk for the suggestion for the three monitor support.

In the following picture you can see two different side of the rig, the keyboard support and the PC support. It’s so compact and stable too.

I add the list of materials and the costs in €. May be it could be more cheaper but in Italy everything cost a lot L

The last file attached is the sketchup model. Note, the dimensions are not so precise. I used sketchup just to have an idea of what I need and what will became.

Now I need some stickers and I ask you in IInsideSimRacing if I can have some of them you used for your rig. Of course I can contribute.

Hope you like it

rig1.jpg

rig2.jpgPedals.jpgrear.jpg

Postazione.zip

cost.pdf

Here is my variation on the rig, a few changes I made was to make it wider to accommodate the Ikea Poang Chair. Having done that there is more room for add on's like a button box in the future.

Its about 95% complete as I only need to cover it with cloth or some cheap carpet. 

post-8080-0-72485300-1415567683_thumb.jp

post-8080-0-47633800-1415567706_thumb.jp

Here is my version of The Deahtmobile! :mrgreen:
Cost me about €100,- so far. ( The chair was €40,- and is from a Renault something, its really comfy!)

Today i assembled the side frames where the steering wheel has to come. When i was done i found out that it did not fit through the door... Oops! :???:

So i took the side frames off just in time because the wood glue was allready starting to dry. Thinking about making some sort of system so i can take it apart.

IMG-20141112-WA0014.jpeg

All Done, ALL FREE!!!2012-08-26100023.jpg2012-08-26100040.jpg2012-08-26100100.jpgUPDATE! (after build mods)Now that I have finished the rig, this is what I have done and what I'm going to do.I moved the "29 inch" upright away from the seat and is now 29 inches away from the front of the seat.I had a piece of MDF from the board I had that had a larger surface and used for the wheel area.I will be using casters on the bottom to make it easier to move out of the way.My seat limits how much folding I can do, I might cut it off at the seat and hinge the front up.OR I might just make it 2 pieces and have latches to tie them together (better idea)I'm thinking of putting a small lip on the front of the desktop so I can double it as my laptop table.I put a backing piece on the floor so I don't go pushing the pedals off the end.I cut down the edges of the desktop but may have cut them to long and the grips of the DFP might not catch but there's enough board there to start over.2012-08-26185227.jpg[/quote

Ugh u gotta pretty that thing up its not pretty