• Announcements

    • Darin Gangi

      ISRTV Amazon Store   11/29/16

      Hi All, We created an Amazon store that's pretty basic and currently only for U.S. shoppers. If you purchase something from it and then other items through Amazon, we make a small commission. It won't cost anymore than Amazon normally does but will help support our show and website and would be greatly appreciated ! You can get to it by going here : http://www.isrtv.com/isrtv-amazon-store/ Thank for your support !

CSL Elite coil noise
2 2

38 posts in this topic

Hi guys, is there any way I can get rid of the coil noise coming from the wheelbase?

I tried unplugging the wheel power adapter hoping it would still work, like my old G25 did, but it doesn't work.

Can I use an adapter with a lower voltage or do you guys know a way of using the wheel without power?

Btw, I know no power=no FFB, it's ok, I don't use FFB anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Downgraded to a towel ... hahah

Guys, fellow simracer ask for help and you joking on him...jeez!

Btw old G25 works only pedals and shifter without power supply. The optical sensor for the steering dont work, so you cant play with G25 in that case.

 

Edited by Krassi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, smalltesties said:

Hi guys, is there any way I can get rid of the coil noise coming from the wheelbase?

I tried unplugging the wheel power adapter hoping it would still work, like my old G25 did, but it doesn't work.

Can I use an adapter with a lower voltage or do you guys know a way of using the wheel without power?

Btw, I know no power=no FFB, it's ok, I don't use FFB anyways.

Btw, what is that noise that bugs you and cant play with it? I have CSL Elite base and nothing bothers me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SkyyJuice said:

Soooo.... this whining noise could it be the fan ???

Does the fan work on boot up ??

I think that if you use sound to race - you cant hear the base anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, smalltesties said:

Hi guys, is there any way I can get rid of the coil noise coming from the wheelbase?

I tried unplugging the wheel power adapter hoping it would still work, like my old G25 did, but it doesn't work.

Can I use an adapter with a lower voltage or do you guys know a way of using the wheel without power?

Btw, I know no power=no FFB, it's ok, I don't use FFB anyways.

Please do a short video and post the link here to hear the sound! This is serious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Krassi said:

I think that if you use sound to race - you cant hear the base anyway!

I have had this sound on my V2 if its anything like the bird chirp,,, 

mine just went away after a while.... but i hear its down to the fans 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SkyyJuice said:

I have had this sound on my V2 if its anything like the bird chirp,,, 

mine just went away after a while.... but i hear its down to the fans 

 

This is like fan bearing is in bad shape;) I believe the fan is cheap - this is V2 base, so cant be very old fan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a bunch of morons...

I bought the wheel for its smoothness, 900 degrees of rotation, 30cm rim, silence when doing a full rotation.... not for force feedback...gizas christ, I thought only reddit simracing is full of idiots. I couldn't have been more wrong....

It doesn't matter how noisy the coil is, it bothers me, that's all that matters, and I don't always play with headphones, yet again, i'm justifying myself for spending my own money....

Edited by smalltesties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smalltesties said:

What a bunch of morons...

I bought the wheel for its smoothness, 900 degrees of rotation, 30cm rim, silence when doing a full rotation.... not for force feedback...gizas christ, I thought only reddit simracing is full of idiots. I couldn't have been more wrong....

It doesn't matter how noisy the coil is, it bothers me, that's all that matters, and I don't always play with headphones, yet again, i'm justifying myself for spending my own money....

Dude, here we are very helpful and serious - you just found a moment with some jokes... and please nobody called you moron or idiot, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh mate, get a sense of humour, you are amongst friends but maybe our sense of humour just takes some getting used to, juice and myself would never belittle another sim racer or genuinely take the piss.The way you race, is the way you race and you never need to justify youself! My god you should hear the shit that juice &me used to get for being cosole racers with a full rig, comments like "you could buy a real car for that much" and why are you wasting your time on console?"

Honestly mate, its all light hearted banter on here. Krassi says some really mean things sometimes though!

Lol.

Your friends, phil&juice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

2 2