• Announcements

• Darin Gangi

ISRTV Amazon Store   11/29/16

Hi All, We created an Amazon store that's pretty basic and currently only for U.S. shoppers. If you purchase something from it and then other items through Amazon, we make a small commission. It won't cost anymore than Amazon normally does but will help support our show and website and would be greatly appreciated ! You can get to it by going here : http://www.isrtv.com/isrtv-amazon-store/ Thank for your support !

Race Room worth the download?
3 3

4 posts in this topic

So I jumped back into Sim racing recently, first it was on xbox, I bought the G920 wheel and enjoyed it. But realized the limitations of the xbox and wanted to try the Oculus. So I bought a new PC and Oculus and re-bought Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa. Project Cars 2 would be great if it didn't have so many bugs, I hope they fix the game. I really like AC too, but it has its limitations.

I just stumbled across Raceroom, it looks like it's been around for a while and comes from a company with a history in SimRacing. Steam has it for a free download, and before I went through the process, I figured I might ask here. How's it in comparison to PC2 and AC? The VR any good? Is there a descent online scene? I understand it has a big payable DLC. Worth the look?

It is free to download in the Steam Store  But I would wait because there is a patch coming to enable VR and Triple Screens sometime this month. Take a look at I Racing they have a Big discount for first time subscribers. It comes with base content but you have to buy all the rest. Also look at R FACTOR 2 in the Steam Store tons of free DLC in the Steam Workshop Graphics  are not the best but Excellent Physics. Also go to Sim Racing System they have a online Multiplayer App for Assetto Corsa It is free to install.

Yes work a look.  Ok online scene, not as big as AC or PC2.  Has lots of free hot lap competitions that will let you try many car/track combos for free.  The actual free content (that you can use for a single player race against AI) is limited, but decent quality.  Some of the best audio in all of sim racing, good physics and FFB, average AI and graphics.

Buy VRP from their store (not in Steam) and then buy the content... best value this way.  Has sales on content (within their own store) all the time, supposedly you can get all of the current stuff for about 70-80 USD.

Retro DTM is really good, I personally think they have a really good representation of FWD with WTCC, open wheel stuff is ok.  Decent track selection, including a few lesser seen tracks (Spielberg, Macau, etc).

On 11/13/2017 at 12:43 AM, Yorke2112 said:

So I jumped back into Sim racing recently, first it was on xbox, I bought the G920 wheel and enjoyed it. But realized the limitations of the xbox and wanted to try the Oculus. So I bought a new PC and Oculus and re-bought Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa. Project Cars 2 would be great if it didn't have so many bugs, I hope they fix the game. I really like AC too, but it has its limitations.

I just stumbled across Raceroom, it looks like it's been around for a while and comes from a company with a history in SimRacing. Steam has it for a free download, and before I went through the process, I figured I might ask here. How's it in comparison to PC2 and AC? The VR any good? Is there a descent online scene? I understand it has a big payable DLC. Worth the look?

Yes!!! Its definitly worth Getting!!! I was testing out the Race Room FFB  vs Pcars2 FFB yesterday and its a really hard Call!!!