• Announcements

• Darin Gangi

ISRTV Amazon Store   11/29/16

Hi All, We created an Amazon store that's pretty basic and currently only for U.S. shoppers. If you purchase something from it and then other items through Amazon, we make a small commission. It won't cost anymore than Amazon normally does but will help support our show and website and would be greatly appreciated ! You can get to it by going here : http://www.isrtv.com/isrtv-amazon-store/ Thank for your support !

80/20 Rig - All In One or Separate Monitor Stand?

6 posts in this topic

The title sort of says it all really :-)

I like the idea of mounting the PC behind the monitor(s) above but well clear of the pedals.

Before I design it I, wanted to ask about FFB vibration and its effect/damage to the PC and/or Monitor(s)?

Will the FFB from a T300 induce vibration into the 8020 rig which will transfer to the PC and monitor? If so am I better designing the setup with the monitor(s) and PC on a stand alone frame?

T300 you should be fine. If planing for long term (if ever considering direct drive), maybe consider a standalone monitor mount. I kind of wished the monitor stand on my GT Omega ART cockpit was standalone... but honestly even with that, times of vibration is pretty minor... I'd just like it so I could easily move my monitors a bit closer.

7 hours ago, DjFIL said:

T300 you should be fine. If planing for long term (if ever considering direct drive), maybe consider a standalone monitor mount. I kind of wished the monitor stand on my GT Omega ART cockpit was standalone... but honestly even with that, times of vibration is pretty minor... I'd just like it so I could easily move my monitors a bit closer.

A separate monitor stand gives you more long term options than an integrated stand.  If you have the option select either one, go with a separate stand.

Thanks guys, I have designed the rig and ordered the profiles.. Just need to source a seat, will probably go for something from the breakers yard for now..