• Announcements

• Darin Gangi

ISRTV Amazon Store   11/29/16

Hi All, We created an Amazon store that's pretty basic and currently only for U.S. shoppers. If you purchase something from it and then other items through Amazon, we make a small commission. It won't cost anymore than Amazon normally does but will help support our show and website and would be greatly appreciated ! You can get to it by going here : http://www.isrtv.com/isrtv-amazon-store/ Thank for your support !

Osw Wheel not recognised in Project cars
2 2

5 posts in this topic

I just got my new osw wheel and have great luck with Assetto Corsa.  I loaded up Project cars and the wheel is not working.

I does not show up in the options, controllers section at all.

My wheel is a small mige 20nm from simracingbay.  Winddow 10 64bit

Fanatec v3 pedals, Fanatec shifter v1.5,  Fanatec handbrake

Any help in troubleshooting this would be appreciated

I also had the same issue when I received the same OSW setup as you , so here goes . In game go to :option>controller>edit assignment> select left/right inputs (turn your wheel) for left/right also select your pedals , all other inputs can be done after like (camera,move seat forward/back). Go back to calibration and calibrate wheel/pedals .  Now it should be recognized. Also very important if your rim has a button box/paddle shifter that connects thru USB make sure to have it disconnected before you start Project Cars   . I read these at the Project Cars forum . I was having a issue , every time I started Project Cars if my rim was still connected to the USB i would lose all my wheel settings in game and had to reprogram my settings. This is how I boot up Project Cars when I play.

1-make sure your "Wheel Rim" not the OSW base is not connected to "USB"

2-Start Project Cars

3-Connect Wheel Rim once your ingame menu.(I connect my wheel rim once the video cut screen starts)

4-Have fun , I hope !

Thanks so much.  I am wondering which wheel are you selecting in the "Control Scheme" section?  Does the OSW show up as an option? Do I just pick wheel at random?

I am not using a wheel that has paddles or a button box at present, so this is not a problem.  I do have one on order, so thanks for that heads up.

Posted (edited)

I believe i have Fanatec Universal hub selected or you can also try Fanatec CSW base ( any version V.1 / V 2 / V 2.5 ) .

Edited by soups

Solved:

I opened Mmos first.  Then launced steam  Then launced PCars.

In options I chose  custom wheel.  Then went to edit assignments. I chose steer left and turned the wheel all the way to the left until lock.  Then slightly turned the wheel right.  It finally registered!!!!  After that all the other inputs registered properly.

I don't know if having Mmos open made a difference but I had not had it open before and was able to get the wheel to register in edit assignments page.

All good now!