• Announcements

• Darin Gangi

ISRTV Amazon Store   11/29/16

Hi All, We created an Amazon store that's pretty basic and currently only for U.S. shoppers. If you purchase something from it and then other items through Amazon, we make a small commission. It won't cost anymore than Amazon normally does but will help support our show and website and would be greatly appreciated ! You can get to it by going here : http://www.isrtv.com/isrtv-amazon-store/ Thank for your support !

Idea to raise the servo/rim-height on a Rseat?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I need to raise the rim about 14cm more, due to a NLRv3 motion-platform. Seems like Rseat might be able to create a longer arm to hold the Wheel, but it's not certain yet.. Since it's not certain, I'm looking for some DIY options.. Is there a sturdy way to increase the height? The default max-height is already too low, even without the motion platform installed.. I'm just out of ideas on how to do this.. Is it possible to stack 80/20's, and then mount the steering-servo directly on to the 80/20s? I'm attaching a Picture of what I mean. Maybe you guys can have some good advice for me.

IMG_0281.JPG

@Jeremy.Ford I thought about that, but do you think it will be sturdy?. And do you have an idea to how I can fasten the servo to the wood? steering-wheels are often fastened from below and upwards, with screws.

Wood should work just fine, or MDF. It would be easy to attach. You just use longer bolts. So the bolts go through drilled holes in the wood spacer, which is sandwiched between the wheelbase and mounting plate on the rig. So it will all line up with the predrilled holes in the metal plate running directly to the bolt holes in your wheelbase.

9 minutes ago, Jeremy.Ford said:

Wood should work just fine, or MDF. It would be easy to attach. You just use longer bolts. So the bolts go through drilled holes in the wood spacer, which is sandwiched between the wheelbase and mounting plate on the rig. So it will all line up with the predrilled holes in the metal plate running directly to the bolt holes in your wheelbase.

Yeah about that. The metalplate can not be detatched.. I have to make a wooden plate that is identical to the metal plate, and I have to put 14cm wood in between the metal plate and the identical wood plate.. hmmm.. So you're saying that I'll drill two holes of 14cm each, and then somehow manage to screw a 3cm screw up in there? I would need some pretty long allen tool for that :o

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, The Angry Arab said:

Yeah about that. The metalplate can not be detatched.. I have to make a wooden plate that is identical to the metal plate, and I have to put 14cm wood in between the metal plate and the identical wood plate.. hmmm.. So you're saying that I'll drill two holes of 14cm each, and then somehow manage to screw a 3cm screw up in there? I would need some pretty long allen tool for that :o

Unless I'm missing something, you just need longer versions of the bolts you already have. The wood in-between adds the height and you drill through the wood with the same mounting hole pattern, so it's simply bolted in the same way all the way through the entire thing.

The wood itself in practical terms just needs to fit in between, shaping it perfectly to the metal plate would be neat but just an approximate rectangle size will work just fine.

Edited by Jeremy.Ford

Flip your metal connection plate upside down.  You'll be able to use an additional hole this way, and install the plate a bit more in the vertical direction.  This gains about an inch, and every bit helps.

1 hour ago, Diablo2112 said:

Flip your metal connection plate upside down.  You'll be able to use an additional hole this way, and install the plate a bit more in the vertical direction.  This gains about an inch, and every bit helps.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the connection plate is welded. I had a quick look before going to work today. Maybe mine is different from yours

Posted (edited)

It is welded.   Yours is just the exact same as mine.  In your photo, it hasnt been flipped.  Turn it upside down, it will allow you to further rotate it to a more vertical position.  Look closely at my photo here, you'll see what I mean.  Especially, look at the holes I've used to attach the connector plate, you'll see that I was able to use a more vertical hole with the plate flipped.  This really does help.  It was the difference between getting the v3 to fit on my RS-1 and not.

Edit: attached a closeup picture so you can clearly see what a flipped plate looks like.
IMG_0205_zpsjpsuaunq.jpg

IMG_0228%203_zpstsnut3jg.jpg

Edited by Diablo2112