• Announcements

• Darin Gangi

ISRTV Amazon Store   11/29/16

Hi All, We created an Amazon store that's pretty basic and currently only for U.S. shoppers. If you purchase something from it and then other items through Amazon, we make a small commission. It won't cost anymore than Amazon normally does but will help support our show and website and would be greatly appreciated ! You can get to it by going here : http://www.isrtv.com/isrtv-amazon-store/ Thank for your support !

TS-PC Racer Leather Grips
2 2

4 posts in this topic

Don't like wearing gloves racing and my hands were destroying the felt grips so needed leather. Went red :)

Never done this before - bought leather that was way too thick (2.4mm - doesn't sound much but it was!) and it's a bit rough around the edges but damn it feels good. Makes the grips feel even chunkier which I like and the leather copes well with hot sweaty hands.

The original grips peeled off with some tugging and provide a decent template to cut out another material. While the 2.4mm thick leather feels excellent in the hands, damn it was hard to work with and I don't recommend it unless you know a bit about working with leather. 

IMG_0550.JPG

Yeah glued it on with THIS

Each section needs held for about 10 mins till it's set enough to move onto the next part so took a while. Being such thick leather I could only do one wee bit at a time but thinner leather should be easier. I soaked the leather first then moulded it around and held it in place till it was mostly dry - this gave it some shape. Then I glued it on.