• Announcements

• Darin Gangi

ISRTV Amazon Store   11/29/16

Hi All, We created an Amazon store that's pretty basic and currently only for U.S. shoppers. If you purchase something from it and then other items through Amazon, we make a small commission. It won't cost anymore than Amazon normally does but will help support our show and website and would be greatly appreciated ! You can get to it by going here : http://www.isrtv.com/isrtv-amazon-store/ Thank for your support !

Clubsport Wheel base V1.5 Vs V2.0
3 3

9 posts in this topic

As the topic states, what's the difference between these two wheels? The 1.5 seems to have some of the improvements of the V2.0 wheel base.

The CSW v1.5 is just the v1.0 base with a new FFB motor which is a minor improvement over the original unit but no where near the level of the v2.0 base unit with its servo FFB motor block.

You can if you have a v1 base buy the v1.5 FFB motor block from Fanatec for about £35 and it's a pretty simple job to install.

The FFB is no stronger but it's feels a little cleaner and a touch more responsive than the v1 version, but it does need a back to back test to really feel the slight improvements.

The v2 base is a whole new ball game with a completely different setup internally with its servo based motors producing much more FFB and torque and is why it has the higher price tag to match.

Jason.

Thanks for the rapid response. I happened to run across a V 1.5 base on ebay for an attractive price and was wondering if paying double for the V2, which I already have on order, was worth it.

V2 is belt drive not servo motor. Servo's can be found in the Leo Bodnar steering system or the DIY OSW wheels.

V2 produces 7NM of torque and the V1.5 produces 5.2NM. 

for reference - Accuforce 13NM, Leo Bodnar 16NM, OSW up to 30NM

V2 is belt drive not servo motor. Servo's can be found in the Leo Bodnar steering system or the DIY OSW wheels.

V2 produces 7NM of torque and the V1.5 produces 5.2NM. 

for reference - Accuforce 13NM, Leo Bodnar 16NM, OSW up to 30NM

Yea I also thought it was belt driven lke the v1

I red it as being a servo motor FFB unit driving the wheel via a belt, so it's kind of a non direct servo wheel in a way.

But I have been in the past and may well again be wrong about that, all I know is that the v2 has a fair old punch to it compared to the older v1 or v1.5 units.

Jason.

Hi, for arguments sake we can say it is not a direct drive wheel which are typically servo motors and can be stepper motors. The non direct drive have belts that drive the main shaft.  

Definitely, the V2 has more punch, its a nice unit.